Axis is an independent charity. Our mission is to support and champion artists, by responding to their needs in an ever-changing world.
We engage with the people in a variety of ways, many of which involve you sharing your personal information with us.
This personal information helps us deliver our activities and support our members and users.
- Privacy policies should be human readable and easy to find.
- Data collection, storage, and processing should be simplified as much as possible to enhance security, ensure consistency, and make the practices easy for users to understand.
- Data practices should meet the reasonable expectations of users.
The protection of your privacy is very important.
We believe transparency and data subject control are at the core of our relationship with our members, users and collaborators and the foundation for building trust in us as a charity.
This Policy explains:
- Who we are
- What Personal data we collect
- How we may use your personal data
- Transfer of data outside the UK or EEA
- Who we share your personal data with
- The circumstances in which we share you data with third parties
- How we protect your personal data
- Your RIghts in Respect of Your Personal Data
- Cookies and Similar Technologies Used on Our Website, App and Services
- Children’s Personal Data
- External Links
- How to Complain
Who we are
Our registered office is at The Art House, Drury Lane, Wakefield, WF1 2TE.
We are a registered charity in England and Wales, Charity number 1002841 and company number 02595018.
Axis is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller under registration number Z653913X.
You may contact Axis in relation to data protection matters by emailing [email protected]
What Personal data we collect
We collect and process personal data about you when you engage with us.
For example, administering and delivery of membership services, using our websites, working with us, making a donation contacting us, signing up for newsletters, purchasing something from us, sharing your content, engaging in the community with other members / users, registering for an event, or otherwise provide us with personal data that may be used by us to deliver our charitable services, enable us to provide a service to you or enhance your experience with us.
Personal data you provide to us
- Contact Information. Such as your name, phone number, email address, home address, employment details, education background) that you provide when you become a member, apply to / and work with us, enter a competition or award, use our services or correspond with us via our website, including if you subscribe to our newsletter
- Account and log-in information. This you choose to put in your Account profile such as username, phone number, and mailing address.
- Payment and transaction information, such as your credit/debit card, payment authentication code, billing address, and other information such as date and time of your transaction.
- Information about your activity on the Website, App, or Services, such as your profile, content, media, statements, articles, artworks, posts, comments on any blog posts or information about any products and services you have purchased.
- Chat, comments and opinions. When you contact us directly or provide feedback e.g., by completing a questionnaire, sendus an email or phone we will record your comments and opinions.
- Information received from third party social networks, such as Instagram and Facebook. If you interact with us through a social network or link your Axis account with certain social networks such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, we may receive information from the social network such as your name, age, photos, email address, phone number, location, workplace, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent on your privacy settings with the social network.
- Your preferences, such as preferences set for notifications, marketing communications and the active functionalities on the Website, App, or Services.
- CV and any other application details when applying for an opportunity or job with Axis.
- Personal information that may be contained in communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns, comments or complaints
- Sensitive Personal Data. Occasionally we may ask for additional information, including some special category data such as age or ethnicity data. It is not mandatory that you give this information. If you do decide to voluntarily share sensitive information with us, you will be considered to have explicitly consented to us processing that sensitive personal information under Article 9(2)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation. We will use and process your sensitive personal information solely for the purposes set out at the time of request.
We will indicate to you where the provision of certain personal data is mandatory (for example to become a member). If you choose not to provide such personal data, we may not be able to provide those parts of the Website, App, or Services to you or respond to your other requests.
You should note that where information is displayed and shared, with consent, via our Website, App or Services (such as the Directory or via a community profile), it is accessible to third parties who may use that information for their own purposes. Axis has no control over, and accepts no liability in respect of such access.
Users and members of Our Website, App and Services are able to control the details of personal information shared with fellow users and members. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have reviewed and updated your sharing and visibility preferences.
Information That May Be Collected Automatically
When you access or use the Website, App, or Services or transact business with us, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Identifiers, such as your IP address, Internet service provider (ISP), the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we deploy on our Website, App, or Services;
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We may collect information about the devices and computers you use to access our Website, App, or Services, such as browser type, language, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, and hyperlinks clicked. When you use our Website, App, or Services, we may collect usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how you are using the Website, App, or Services and other information about your internet activity (“usage information”).
- Commercial Information such as your purchase history, including records of products you have purchased or are considering purchasing from us, services you have provided or have had provided to you, such as transactional information when you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as services provided, product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Geolocation Information. We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We may combine this information with other location-based information, such as your billing or postal code. You have the ability to stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see “Your Choices” below for details).
We (and our third-party partners and service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
How we use your information
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data are listed below:
- Processing is necessary for our legitimate charitable and business interests.
- Is necessary to deliver a contract or service.
- You have given us consent.
We need to process personal data to:
- manage the organisation;
- process and maintain records for memberships;
- collect subscription fees or other payments such as donations and one-off purchases;
- provide our users, our members and the online communities with the Website, App or Services;
- process job applications;
- manage access and record usage of our properties;
- run events and other activities open to our members, users and the public;
- manage surveys and to conduct research;
- facilitate awards. contests and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and to provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Axis and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Website, App, or Services;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Axis;
- link or combine with information we get from our Website, App, or Services and from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected or permitted by law.
Transfer of data outside the UK or EEA
We may share, transfer or store your personal information outside of the UK or EEA where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of your personal information or adequate security measures are adopted and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Who we share your personal data with
- Within Axis. We may share the information we collect about you between and among our current and future affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With Service Providers. We may disclose your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf and help with our business operations, such as and without limitation, web hosting, operations of the APP, IT, financial transactions, marketing, customer support, data storage, data analysis and processing, and legal services.
- With Data Analytics and Aggregation. We may share anonymous aggregated information such as general (non-specific) geographic location, device/browser technology, onsite behaviour, population data, user segmentation, survey results, and log data, with third parties for data analysis, demographic profiling, and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in this manner will not contain your personal information.
- With your Consent. Where applicable, we may share your information with your consent or at your specific direction.
How Long Will We Store Your Personal Data
We will usually store the personal data we collect about you for no longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is as long as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and the applicable legal requirements.
Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have told us that you do not want to hear from us at all or by a particular channel, we will hold the minimum amount of your personal data on a suppression list to ensure we comply with your request.
How we protect your personal data
Along with all our Service Providers we implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. We will never send you unsolicited emails or contact you by phone requesting your account ID, password, credit or debit card information or national identification numbers.
Your RIghts in Respect of Your Personal Data
As prescribed within the UK Data Protection Act 2018 / EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights connected to the collection, processing and storage of your personal information as a result of using the Website.
1. The right to be informed
2. The right of access
You have the right to obtain access to your personal information (if We’re processing it), and certain other information such as the reasons why we are processing or storing it. This is so you’re aware and can check that We’re using your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation and your agreement.
3. The right to rectification
You are entitled to request that your personal information is promptly corrected if it’s identified as being inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information under certain circumstances where there’s no compelling reason for Us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
5. The right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information. When processing is restricted We can still store your information but may not be able to process it further. We maintain lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
6. The right to data portability
You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between Our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
7. The right to object
You have the right to object to certain types of personal data processing, including processing for direct marketing activities.
8. The right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way We have handled or processed your personal data with your national data protection regulator (the Information Commissioner’s Office within the UK)
9. The right to withdraw consent
If you have given your consent to anything We do with your personal data, you have the right to vary or withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything We have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
Please contact us by email to [email protected]eb.org if you wish to take up any of these rights.
Cookies and Similar Technologies Used on Our Website, App and Services
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website, App, or Services and also allows us to monitor and analyse how you use and interact with our Website, App, or Services so that we can continue to improve our Website, App, and Services.
Children’s Personal Data
This Website, and any services available from it, are not directed to users under the age of 18 (save where any users between 13 – 18 years old have obtained prior parental or guardian consent).
If you learn that a user under the age of 18 has provided Us with their personal information without having parental or guardian consent, please contact Us immediately so that We can take appropriate action.
Where links are provided to external websites, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notice on the other website you visit.
How to Complain
If you would like to make a complaint about any aspect of this Policy, email [email protected].
You have the right to lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can contact the ICO via their website –https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use Axis to submit personal information to us.